EST/1-151/2019(B3) DATED AT BHUBANESHWAR THE 10.03.2019
NOTIFICATION FOR THE POSTS OF GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS CYCLE – II/2019
Applications are invited by the respective appointing authorities as shown in the annexure
‘I’against each post, from eligible candidates for the selection and engagement to the following
posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
The minimum and maximum of age for the purpose of engagement to GDS posts shall be
18 and 40 years respectively as on 15.03.2019
Permissible relaxation in Upper age limit for different categories are as under:-
1. Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) 5 years
2. Other Backward Classes (OBC) 3 years
3. Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) No relaxation
4. Persons with Disabilities (PwD) 10 years
5. Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC 13 years
6. Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST 15 years
(i) Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks
in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective
subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the
Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a
mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak
Sevaks.(Referred to in Directorate Order No 17-31/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018).
(ii)Compulsoryknowledge of Local Language
The candidate should have studied the local languageat least up to
10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State
(i) Exemption of fee for applying on GDS Posts
Applicant belonging to the category UR/OBC/EWS Male have to pay a fee of Rs.100/-
(Rupees one hundred only) for each set of five options.Payment of fee is exempted for all
female candidates, all SC/ST candidates and all PwD candidates.
Selection Procedure :
Selection based on Test Or Interview;
Candidates can book mark this page by 'ctrl + d' for Admit Card/Result & Other Alerts!
Interested candidates may apply online at appost's Official website before 14.04.2019.
Guidelines to Apply Online:
1. Before applying to Online Applicants Candidates have valid email & Scanned copies of photo, signature.
2. First log on to http://www.appost.in/gdsonline/.
3. Then Go to "Notification" & Choose the suitable post.
4. Read the information carefully & Click on "Apply Online" Button.
5. Click on "Click here for New Registration" If it is first attemp.
6. Check details once again & then Click on "Submit" Button.
7. After Registration, Log in with Registered Number & Password.
8. Fill mandatory details in application & upload Photo, Signature etc.